Welcome

Freedom of Expressions.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas in the Philippines


Christmas in the Philippines, one of two predominantly Catholic countries in Asia (the other one being East Timor), is one of the biggest holidays in the archipelago. The country has earned the distinction of celebrating the world's longest Christmas season,[1][2] with Christmas carols heard as early as September and the season lasting up until Epiphany or the Feast of the Santo Niño held every third Sunday of January.


So delectable! I have missed this kind of food for a long time.
Christmas isn't christmas if without those colorful christmas lanterns, christmas trees, of course those gifts, Children's christmas carolling, tasty native foods. Christmas celebration is very unique in my country. True it is we celebrate the spirit as early as  September. You already hear christmas songs on the radio. 

It is the time of the year when friends and enemies ceased fire temporarily or even reconcile for good. My favorite time of the year when the world joins hand in peace. Celebrating christmas without prejudice. 
When I was a child, I used to hang socks with my two sisters at our door.  Yeah I believe santa was coming to put something. I remember that time when my father hanged it after a few minutes he made me believe that something got into the sock we checked it and it was a 10 centavo coin! I started to think that Santa was really true in spirit and was somewhere around. The next day our socks were filled with stuffs. We were happy. I said to myself wow! Santa is really somewhere.
When I was growing up as we celebrate christmas each year, I started to realize that Our parents were the Santa. Now it lives in my memory those moments when I wish to see those reindeers and Santa on his sleigh...still I was always excited when Ber months came approaching. The joy. The fun and laughter. Those glittering gels i used on my hair which I think wasn't really for the hair  lol...The so-called Baile in our barrio ...at that time when I was kid I was feeling different from all the kids. I behaved like the girls behave that is why they called me Mahinhin which means a lil way of being feminine. I denied it to death really. I get pissed off. I was pretending really that I am not what they think about me.
 Christmas is celebrated all over the world especially the christians who believe in Jesus Christ. Isn't it lovely to look at? I have seen houses in Pototan, Ilo-ilo City during chirstmas they spend much decorations on their houses. 








No comments:

Post a Comment